Launching auxcord.org - Let friends queue their music at your party
- You host a party
- You play a playlist
- Friend wishes song
- You give them your phone
- Your playlist stops
- They change volume
- Song over
- Your playlist gone
- Party dead
Auxcord.org is a simple, free service:
Simply connect your Sonos and Spotify account, and manage your party in one spot:
- Never replace the currently playing song: always queue
- Your guests can use any phone to add songs
- Your guests don't need any account or login
- Disable the speaker's hardware buttons, so you control the volume and playlist
- Share a link or QR code ahead of time, so guests can pre-queue
- Prevent the same song from being played multiple times
- No need to hand over your phone, or have your friends spell the title of the song
Currently, Auxcord works with Sonos & Spotify. The project is free to use, however not yet open source. Depending on demand, I might open source the repo on GitHub.
It’s like a Jukebox, but for your Sonos & Spotify setup.
Open Auxcord.org here to start using it for your next party.
Tags: spotify, sonos, music, party | Edit on GitHub